Report A Dog in Need Call The Backyard Dog Project (937) 505-0094
Clark County Humane Society (937) 399-2917
Champaign County Dog Warden (937) 484-1613
Champaign County Humane Association/Paws Animal Shelter (937) 653-6233
Union County Humane Society (937) 642-6716
- Be an advocate for outdoor dogs. Chained and neglected animals need all the friends they can find.
- Speak with owners who chain. Here is a useful handout: http://www.hssv.org/docs/behavior/dog_backyard.pdf
- Ride along with outreach workers. It's always best to use the 'buddy system' when contacting dog owners.
- Be a part of a work crew to make yards more dog friendly.
- Offer to walk a chained dog.
- Adopt or foster a backyard dog that owners want to relinquish.
- collars and leashes
- cable tie-outs/trolley lines - greater than 15ft long (no chains)
- fencing supplies
- plastic doghouses/igloos
- plastic dog crates
- wire dog cages
- topical flea drops
- fly repellant (FlysOff and SWAT)
- dog and puppy food (will take open bags)
- dog treats/rawhides
- dog toys
Your monetary donation could help give a formerly chained dog a safe, enclosed yard; a doghouse; straw to provide warmth; flea treatment to combat discomfort and disease; or a simple collar and leash to enable a much-needed walk. The Backyard Dog Project is a 501(c)3, non-profit charity.